Return To Blog
Colorado Springs Sales & Home prices jump again Spring of 2016
Colorado Springs Mortgage, Real estate, Colorado home buying
By Brian Murphy - March 18, 2016
Single-family home sales soared again last month in Colorado Springs and surrounding areas, a new report by the Pikes Peak Association of Realtors shows.
Last week The Gazette confirmed our experience of this hot Springs home market:
- Sales during the first two months of the year totaled 1,719,
- Up 27.1 percent over the same period in 2015.
- Home sales totaled 870 in February..
- A 21.3 percent increase over the same month a year ago
- Home sales have risen for 19 straight months on a year-over-year basis
- Last month's total was the highest for any February in at least 23 years, association records show.
"The tight supply is a boon for many sellers, who are receiving multiple offers that often are above their asking price..." the Gazette continues.
This is good news AND bad news for our prospects looking to buy in the Springs. Great news is that our clients are getting strong appreciation in their homes. Bad news is that our buyers had better have a very strong offer to win the bidding for their dream home. We can help be certain that your offer will be a strong as possible - rather than one of those tossed aside by overwhealmed sellers. Call or email for a quick, 5-minute pre-qual before you make your offer.
Colorado Springs Mortgage.com